1. Could you tell us a bit about yourself?
I’m the long legged giraffe who grew up in Pretoria , never missing a day of school in 12years, with three degrees behind my name from the University of Pretoria . I worked as Public Relations Manager for Virgin/EMI records for 4years and now I’m in the entertainment industry
2. What inspired you to start your Career?
As a youngster, I’d always wanted to be on TV, often rounding up the kids in the Neighbourhood and putting on shows for our parents! This was very encouraging and it kept the dream of becoming a presenter alive.
3. How would you describe what you do in your own personal way?
I’m lucky enough to work in the SA entertainment industry as a Tv& Radio presenter, Vlogger&Voice Artists .
4. Where do you get your inspiration from to do what you do?
My parents are so motivated and they are always encouraging me to push further and do more.
5. You vlog Giraffe in the city is awesome. When did it all begin and what made you want to start a vlog?
It started almost a year ago, after my best friend suggested I start posting the short videos that I’d been making for my folks. They live in Gauteng, and I’d send them short videos of the crazy things I’d get up to
6. When you do make time to be with family and friend and is it hard to juggle work with your personal life?
My family and friends are so understanding of my crazy work schedule but I always make time for them
7. How do you market yourself and your business/ career?
Having worked in the world of PR (taking care of the likes of Lenny Kravitz, Sarah Brightman, Blue & Danny K& Watershed) I’ve used those skills and it’s really assisted me in the industry
8. What is your biggest tip for anyone starting a career like yours?
Don’t ever stop believing in yourself!
9. What is the biggest challenge about what you do? And have you had to face any negative publicity? How did you handle it?
The biggest challenge is the negativity – Negative publicity is all around, and sometimes it’s easy to take it personally. My sister is a great strength of support during any negative moment and helps me to see the lighter side of things.
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I’m so blessed to be working in this industry and look forward to another five years of this incredible job
11. You have become very successful in your career, how have you stayed humble in the process?
I have an amazingly supportive family, who remind me about where I come from.
Follow Liezel on Social Media